When we turn on switch board to lighten your room, generally you don’t think about the engineers, who make all Energy workstations to flow that energy to your home directly utilizing by just pressing the buttons from your switchboards. Energy flows freely from the force, then supplies all the respective points. Some of us know the evidence of science, but many could say for technology, which enriches our lives through everything from entertainment and education to health care and economics.
Like free flowing energy, we assume the technology will run freely, too. But behind every cool new app or 3D printer are the human beings who build code. Code developers, or programmers, are the key bridge between human experience and technology.
They are the creative theoretician and problem solvers who build the systems that move our world to go forward. Code developers are in high demand and yet their numbers are greatly lacking.
By 2020 there will be 1.4 million computing jobs in the U.S. and only 400,000 computer science students. Recent data show less than 2.4 percent of college students graduating with a degree in computer science as per reports of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What is the reason behind the reduced ratio? Actually, the thing is programming is not only theory, but also the ability of the brain to think in a different way. Where we have to understand the basics as well as how to think in a different way for a different possibility.
Start Your Program
Most of the people think that coding for a program is a complicated and difficult task, but it really isn’t. Even young children can learn how to code a program. If you are afraid of writing code, then don’t worry and start from today itself.
Those are comfortable and confident about technology, is a natural part of their world. They are also quick learners and eagerly willing to do an implementation. There is a good way to start your programming by reading basic concepts.
Tricks for learning
Actually the task, to program doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Anyone can use tools like apps to understand computer programming. If you can learn to do a program, enthusiasm will guide the way for the next level of programming. The following tips can help:
- First, start with a game program. We love games of all kinds. To learn basic programming skills, look for apps that build games or apps that are set up in a game-like format. This will keep you engaged and make the learning fun.
- For less experienced, begin with a project with basic exercise, which may contain fill in the details, like adding a new step or level. This gives them the experience of programming and a feel like they have accomplished something without the frustration of missing an important step.
- Those are quick learner or have previous experience in it, can add challenges into the game programs like add on life to the characters, and may get exciting challenges to solve.
We all know the best way of programming is to make learning interesting. Learning computer programming is no exception. How can we motivate ourself to learn programming? Follow this:
- Note down any and all ideas you have, even when you are away from a computer. Note these things down, and start coding whenever you get time. Always make a target, work on your ideas, so that you never have to think about what you are going to do when you sit down to code.
- Discuss your ideas with your friends and family, if you get positive feedback from other people about an idea, you get a hope and not detached yourself from a computer screen.
- Select few entrepreneurs or successful developers you can relate to. Read everything they say and steep in their success and failures. They have very interesting tips and techniques to staying focused and succeeding at things that interest you.
- Work for few minutes. This can be especially true in programming, because often times a problem is found within that few minutes and you set out to solve it. This can cause a chain reaction.
- Stay away from social networking. Sometimes you get indulged in social networks and forget to program.
- Become a member of coding sites like StackOverflow, codeproject. Something about getting positive reinforcement for writing code keeps you motivated. You don’t even realize the hours time spent in writing an answer or teaching someone, you can improve your programming skills and learn tons without realizing it.
- Try to Subscribe to blogs or newsletters, and follow other programmers on Twitter or Linkedin. Because tweet may remind, you could be productive in your down time.
- Always try to learn a new language. Learning a new language can be really exciting and often takes a lot of attention/time. It also helps you to make a better programmer and make ready to work on a new technology.
- Struggle to create the ultimate identity of yourself. Do updates in old code, release new code, and create a new identity of yours by putting it on some code sites. If you know something is public and people can see it, you tend to keep it updated and clean. This can be done on blogs and forum sites.
These are the easiest ways to improve your programming skills. Stay motivated and get started right now!