With ever-changing technology, the increase in job vacancies is growing at a rapid speed in the tech sector worldwide. If you’re tech-savvy and have a passion for coding and creating, then Canada might be just the place for you. Here are the top-5 tech jobs in Canada in 2022.
Jobs in Tech Within Canada
Developers and programmers come up with solutions using code and other tools. Many people in this profession have strong problem-solving skills and know in-demand coding languages. These developers are not just in the field of IT but also stand a good chance of getting into the healthcare or financial sector as well. Developers in Canada earn around $76,119 per year.
2. Network Engineer
Network engineers build virtual pathways to make day-to-day business transactions possible. They create networks to help data move between people, systems, and workflow. This enables businesses and companies to grow at a faster rate. The annual salary for a network engineer in Canada is estimated at $86,190.
3. Cloud Architect
Cloud architects are needed to navigate their way through cloud computing and oversee any issues or problems that could occur. They maintain the functionality of the cloud to navigate, design, build and optimize it. They should also be able to understand business requirements to convert documents into practical designs. These designs support the employees, clients, and company in general. The average salary in Canada for a Cloud Architect is estimated at $121,555 annually.
4. Angular Web Developer
5. Security Analyst
One of the top tech jobs in Canada in 2022 is security analysts. Security analysts have become very sought after as they are the safety gate to every company. As most companies have moved to a virtual space, hackers and cyber-attacks have become more common. That’s where security analysts come in. They can earn up to $70,629 annually in Canada.
How to Apply for Jobs in Canada
- Pick your location. Choose the Canadian province or territory you’d like to work in and see which companies of your choice have vacancies.
- Once you have checked the criteria of these potential jobs, you have to make sure your resume is up to the Canadian standard and the occupation type you are applying for.
- Always include a cover letter every time you apply for a job, and make sure to change it up accordingly. Once you have done that, the only thing left to do is apply and wait for a response.
Canadian Work Permit
If you want to work in Canada, you’ll need to apply for a Canadian work permit. There are two types of work permits: the open work permit and the employer-specific work permit.
- The open work permit allows you to work for any Canadian employer and is not work-specific. This exempts you from needing a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to qualify for a work visa.
- The employer-specific work permit requires you to have an LMIA. This work permit only allows you to work for one specific employer in a set location. The work permit will detail specifics such as the business name you are working for, the duration of your contract, and where you are located.
If you want to know more about the top tech jobs in Canada in 2022 and how to apply for a Canadian work permit, visit CanadianVisa.org.