Winter season is here, which means you may be changing your decor and your menu to help customers find solace from the cold weather.
There may be many problems that arise due to the extreme cold that can interrupt restaurant operations. But there are ways to prepare your kitchen for the winter season. Don’t forget that, with the right preparation, restaurant owners can achieve some seasonal sale benefits.
Tips To Prepare Your Restaurant For Winter
Winters can be harsh, and as a restaurant owner, you’ll want to be prepared. Here are some ways you can prepare your kitchen for winter:
- Be ready for power outages due to extreme cold
- Clean and maintain your kitchen equipment like commercial freezer or refrigerators
- Adopt sustainable energy methods to reduce your energy use during colder months
- Conduct routine equipment maintenance and filter check-ups
- Be prepared to fix plumbing issues that can arise as a result of freezing.
- Schedule HVAC work
Some Interesting Restaurant Winter Promotional Ideas
Customers may not venture out as much in the winter, but with some planning and strategic marketing, you should be able to entice them to your establishment. Here are some creative and unique ways that you can promote your restaurant this winter:
- Offer a unique and perfect winter experience. Some people may not be able to get away for a holiday this year, but you can provide them with an escape with the right ambience.
- Strategically planned winter parties in restaurants can be a great attraction and a much-needed distraction from troubles.
- Impress customers with winter views or seasonal music. Again, it is all about creating a welcoming and festive atmosphere.
- Offer discounts for customers who are willing to brave the cold to dine at your restaurant.
- Stock up on liquors, put on good music, decorate with creativity, and allow your guests to enjoy the ambiance of being out.
- Decorate with winter themes to brighten up your space.
- Add warm food and drink options to your menu.
- If you have a fire and grill, consider how you can use it for winter promotions.
- Advertise popular or new drinks to attract customers.
- Don’t overdo it on the decoration, or you’ll end up with a quiet dining room.
- Create a special winter menu.
- Ensure your restaurant is warm and inviting for your guests.
- Make your restaurant a real warm place by keeping your heat on.
- Offer delivery service for those customers who would prefer to eat at home.
- Let your customers know about any winter specials and advertise it using all possible marketing methods.
- Connect with customers on social media networks and advertise restaurant promotions through these platforms.
- Have a restaurant board outside, in front of your establishment.
- Keep in mind that about 80 percent of people will check your website before they visit.
- Employ a variety of marketing methods, including emails and newsletters.
- Ensure that leaflets with your restaurant’s special offer or announcement about winter events make it into the hands of potential customers.
- Be creative with your display freezers to attract customers’ attention
Commercial Display Freezer Maintenance Tips For Winter
It may be cold outside, but that is no reason to waste the investment you made in your display freezer. Here are some simple maintenance tips for your display freezer over the winter:
- Don’t stop using the display freezer just because it’s winter.
- If your display freezer or refrigerator fails to work, start by checking the power supply to determine if it is faulty. Next, check to see if the plug is properly inserted into the wall. Third, see if the thermostat switch has been turned off.
- There can be several reasons for insufficient freezing in your display freezer, including the ambient temperature of the freezer is lower than 10°C; there is too much food stored.
- If you are concerned about the sound of running water in your display freezer, rest easy. This is simply the sound of the refrigerant working and is normal.
- Sometimes normal use of your display freezer can lead to water and food collecting on the bottom or in the water tray. Over time it can start to smell bad, and the food can mould. To avoid this, keep the inside and outside of your display freezer clean to reduce the smell. You can also buy some deodorant to clear away scents.
- It is important to have your display freezer regularly cleaned to prolong its life. This includes the condenser coils, which are a vital part of keeping food cold.
- Regularly inspect your display freezer, particularly the door gaskets, for any cracks or leaks. Doing this can save you money on your energy bills.
- Adjust your settings regularly. Consider any challenges you are having with food in your display freezer. If you have the temperature set too high, it can lead to food spoilage. However, having the temperature set too low may force your equipment to work harder and impact its life expectancy.
- Don’t forget about preventative maintenance. There are several small things that you can do to keep your display freezer working well. One of these is to have it inspected professionally. Technicians have the proper training to care for your display freezer right. Some of the things they can do include: check compressor operation, investigate control wiring and electrical connections, look over the suction line installation, check refrigerant and oil levels, test your thermometer, pressure clean the drain lines, and check the fan blades and motor.
Sometimes the effects of cold weather can affect restaurant kitchen operations. To keep things running, consider some seasonal or regular maintenance of equipment. You should also update your marketing and winter promotion ideas to keep attracting customers to your restaurant.