Identifying you have a problem is the first step towards building a healthy and sustainable life. Millions of people in the US suffer from drug or alcohol-related dependencies and addictions. However, the good news here is that these can get better with the appropriate treatment and mindset.
Counties and districts across the country have independent medical infrastructures to help individuals deal with addiction. The right type of drug & alcohol rehab in Baton Rouge can help you overcome your demons and reclaim your life. All you need to do as a recovering addict or individual planning to turn their life around is choose a fitting establishment. Here’s an article to help you find the best and most reliable drug and alcohol rehab in Baton Rouge.
Why is finding the most reliable center integral to recovery?
Most recovering addicts say that taking the first step in seeking treatment for dependencies is the hardest thing to do. It can feel distressing, overwhelming, and confusing when such individuals choose a treatment facility. However, dealing with such past traumas is an integral part of recovery from alcohol and drug-related issues.
Since each individual has to deal with different symptoms, withdrawal issues, and traumas, they will have specific needs and requirements during the treatment. Hence, they must choose a treatment facility that best fits their needs.
The good news here is that no matter how hard you might think the process is, it gets better. Over time, with dedicated effort and the right help, individuals can manage even the most severe forms of addiction efficiently and effectively. That is why individuals need to find the right support system and medical infrastructure early on, as it can set the tone for their recovery. Hence, addicts and their families have to pay special attention to which drug and alcohol rehab in Baton Rouge they choose.
Finding reliable addiction treatment centers
Here’s a quick look at how to find the right drug and alcohol rehab for you or a loved one by asking the right questions.
What level of care do they offer?
Depending on your current dependency and severity of alcohol or drug abuse, the level of care you need will vary. It also depends on your underlying health conditions, mental state, number of previous attempts, and other substance use issues. Individuals must seek the appropriate treatment and level of care from health and mental professionals to ensure an efficient recovery. The varying levels of care treatment centers offer in the US are as follows:
- Medical Detox: Withdrawal symptoms are the most significant challenges that addicts will face when they start their treatment process. Quitting any substance, including nicotine, alcohol, or drugs, cold turkey can lead to various physical and mental symptoms. As a result, most centers require individuals to undergo a detoxification period, wherein the health workers monitor and help manage your withdrawal issues. Not only does this process help your body rid itself of toxins, but it also ensures you stay as safe and comfortable as possible during these troubling times.
- Inpatient Treatment Centers: These are residential facilities that provide individuals with health services twenty-four hours a day. Such centers require patients to move in for extended periods, and in most cases, these programs last for anywhere between 30 to 180 days. These centers provide addicts with access to medical and psychiatric services throughout the day. Residential facilities also house various group and individual counseling sessions and activities to prevent relapses and provide coping mechanisms.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs: Day programming, better known as PHP, involves providing the patient intensive and flexible de-addiction treatments. Unlike inpatient facilities, these programs allow individuals to head back home during the night. During the day, individuals will spend time at the clinic or facility, making this a more flexible environment for people who wish to avoid residential facilities. Most day program centers offer extended hours of group and individual therapy throughout the week to provide patients the required mental support. Additionally, these are effective for individuals who need to keep working or studying through their de-addiction program. However, such programs might not be ideal for individuals with severe addictions as they can lead to relapse.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: These are excellent for individuals with mild addictions and do not require twenty-four-hour monitoring and surveillance. Intensive outpatient programs allow individuals to live their ordinary lives without any interference. Such facilities provide weekly therapies, counseling sessions, and group activities to help ground individuals. It also enables individuals to formulate relapse management strategies and coping mechanisms to avoid abusive substances.
- Standard Outpatient: Outpatient rehabs provide treatment times lasting a few hours every week, during the evenings or the weekend. These have a negligible effect on our busy lives, enabling individuals battling mild disorders and addictions to receive the help they require. While attendance requirements vary according to the program, they tend to be flexible and suit individuals with full-time jobs and educational needs. They allow individuals to stay in school or college, live at home, and fulfill other obligations while undergoing their treatment. However, such options might not suit those with severe forms of addiction or individuals who have fallen off the bandwagon multiple times.
Reliable Drug and Alcohol Rehabs in Baton Rouge
Here is a quick look at some of the best drug and alcohol rehabs in Baton Rouge.
- Baton Rouge Behavioral Hospital: They provide inpatient, detox, and outpatient treatment options and are an excellent choice for young adults and adults. The facility takes in individuals between the ages of 18 and 64 and can help treat several addictions. They provide detox programs for those suffering from alcohol, heroin, opioids, and benzodiazepine addictions. Additionally, the clinic also provides services for individuals combating substance abuse disorders and mental health issues.
- BR Area Alcohol and Drug Center Inc: The BR Center Inc provides intensive care options for young adults, adults, and seniors over 65. They provide detox, outpatient, and residential programs to individuals combating various substance abuse issues. The most common addictions they help detox are alcohol, heroin, cocaine, opioids, benzodiazepines, and methamphetamines. Additionally, they also provide psychiatric and behavioral help for seniors and individuals dealing with past trauma.
- Capital Area Human Services: A treatment facility often suggested by law enforcement authorities, Capital Area is ideal for individuals looking for flexible care. They provide outpatient treatment options for young adults and adults up to 64 in battling their demons. The facility accepts various court referral cases and has programs to help individuals combating substance abuse disorders coupled with other mental health issues.
Once you decide to seek help, the world opens up to you in several ways. Identifying you are on the path to self-destruction is the beginning of your road to recovery. No addiction is stronger than the love of your family, your strength and determination, and the power of medical help. Do you want to learn more about drug addiction centers in Baton Rouge? If so, follow this space for updates and use this information to turn your life around for the better!