The dominating evolution of Artificial Intelligence has spurred a heated debate globally. As science fiction starts to become reality, AI products are slowly entering the regular household and workplaces.
With the focus on improving two core business objectives of “Asset Uptime” and “Operational Efficiency”, Flutura, an AI Solutions company was founded. The organization does this with Cerebra, the AI Platform tuned for IIOT in Oil & Gas, Process Chemicals, and Heavy machinery manufacturing industries, powering connected asset and connected operations use cases. Its value proposition is based on delivering tangible business outcomes within 90 days or less.
Flutura has been successful in building a strong clientele across Oil and Gas, Process Chemicals and Heavy machinery manufacturing industries through its customer-centricity and solution relevance. In addition to the customers, Flutura has established strong industry connections with thought leaders, analysts and technologists in these industries. This network of deep domain expertise enables Flutura to focus on a set of problems that are relevant to the industry and create solutions for these pressing problems leveraging Flutura’s platform, Cerebra. Through the adoption of Cerebra, the organization’s customers gain the advantage of collective knowledge of the entire ecosystem including other companies, thought leaders, analysts and technologists within the industry.
Lessons that Changed the Course of Action
Early in Flutura’s journey, the organization decided to have unflinching vertical industry focus around Oil & Gas, Process Chemicals, and Heavy machinery. Leveraging its platform functionalities within these vertical industries, Flutura has paid special attention to Pressure Pumping, Drilling, O&G Production, Gas Processing, Specialty Chemicals, Catalysts & OEM digitalization and are currently expanding to Subsea and specialized equipment.
- Based on early feedback from the customers the organization realized that its niche in the field of Industrial IOT a) Is an Underserved market b) has a much more tangible ROI.
- Flutura continues to replicate its proven model of socializing with early adopters and industry organizations for the invaluable inputs for its solutions.
- From its early customer engagements Flutura got a lot of inputs on its product. Working Prototypes that are Released Early & Released Often is something it takes seriously. This helped in understanding its end users mental model, which helped the company to fine tune Cerebra’s features that are aligned to an Engineer’s mental model.
Extracting Maximum Value from IIoT
Flutura believes, maximum value from the IIoT solution can be unlocked at the intersect of Engineering operations, Business processes and Economics. Flutura continues to add new features to unbox the value at this intersect. Here are some of the key points to help clients across the industries:
- Flutura has a library of most common repeatable assets (such as rotary equipment- pumps, engine, compressor, turbine, etc) and a library of flow based process models used in the industries it is targeting. Hence, Flutura’s foundational platform being asset and process centric is tailored to the niche focus industries.
- The organization also has a unique machine Meta model to onboard asset and process digital twin and there have been instances where it has been able to integrate complex assets in a couple of days because of this architecture.
- Flutura also has an end user customer group that is focused on use case elicitation, use case detailing and ROI calculations. Flutura is in constant touch with its customers and conducts periodic focus group sessions / workshops both with the existing and new customers.
Guardians of Flutura
Flutura was founded on the emerging idea of outcome economy and the role of digital business models to deliver results in the outcome economy. The founders of Flutura believe that the success of business in outcome economy is built around two core values – Trust and Transformation. Trust summarizes its integrity to do the right things, intent and capability to drive a positive change and to deliver tangible outcomes. Transformation encapsulates the element of journey and focus on the to-be state.
Flutura was co- founded by three very experienced leaders, who are; Derick Jose (Co-founder) who has completed B Tech from BITS Pilani and served as the Vice President of MindTree Ltd before co-founding Flutura, Krishnan Raman (Co-founder & CEO) has served in companies like Grindwell Norton Ltd., PricewaterhouseCoopers India, & MindTree Ltd., and Srikanth Muralidhara (Co-founder and Chief Customer Officer) has served in organizations like PSI Data Systems and Mindtree Ltd.
All the three co-founders of Flutura have been successful in inculcating the core values of Trust and Transformation into all aspects of Flutura’s business including customer relationship, product development, employee relations, alliance and partnerships and investor management. The founders act as guardians of these core values and embody them in their day-to-day life so that the entire organization can embrace these core values and replicate it in their actions and behaviors.
A Reliable Industrial Intelligence
When it comes to the future, the organization wants to be a leader in providing Reliable Industrial Intelligence. Currently the organization leads in its focused verticals by deploying business impacting AI Solutions tuned for Industrial IoT use cases.
Below are few key highlights of Flutura’s strategy;
- Majority of tools in the market are data and IT centric and it takes a lot of time to build industrial solutions using these tools. It is imminent these solutions will fail to deliver value and hence Flutura has focused on creating an Asset and Process centric platform.
- Flutura’s focus is on creating verticalized Cerebra Nano apps for its focused Industry sectors to solve high value business/engineering problems.
- Engineering and Operations teams are the key users of Flutura’s solutions. The organization strongly believes industrial engineers have to be empowered to harness the power of data science. Hence, Flutura is launching world’s first “Engineer’s workbench” for democratization of AI for Industrial operators and engineers.