To be successful in the midst of increasing global competition, companies need to quickly adapt to changes in the market, quality of service and quick execution are the main key factors to achieve market leadership. The Data centers are now mission critical to business operations, and many companies are redesigning their Data Centers use and function from the inside and out with changes to networks, storage and server infrastructures to be more flexible and sustainable to quickly support changing business processes, accommodate inevitable changes in newer technologies and Reduce Operational Costs and overall expenses.
Today’s data centers owners are challenged with many things that affects his budget, resources and operations that require not only do what is needed to keep the lights on but address and plan for future today. IT departments are consistently being asked to do more with the existing resources and to be an integral part of the company’s business efforts. As business requirements continue to grow, organizations need to look at ways to increase the performance and efficiency of their data centers that house their networks, systems, and applications. Everything needs to be the most efficient now, aligns with core business, priorities, resources available, correct level of talent and budget. To maximize system performance and uncover cost saving opportunities, organizations must obtain Data Center infrastructure optimization.
The difficulty facing CIOs in proactively and effectively managing IT operations from a business point of view is based on a reality in which many organizations use different systems for similar purposes.
The relevant information at their disposal is based on data, often partial and not normalized, that comes from the different systems in a way which does not enable its effective analysis.
There are no tools that CIOs and C-level can currently use to perform analysis, such as business intelligence for IT operations / infrastructure and the personnel that supports it. Based on the vision and goals the organization defines for itself, each department has very clear parameters that define goal compliance or non-compliance. The only department that has the challenge to support it over time is the IT department.
The changes and growing competition require the organization to set up dynamic business intelligence systems that provide a comprehensive picture of the different business departments.
The Israeli / USBasedd companycorrelatesa, recentlyawardedd a US US patent for a unique technology thatredefines theemanagement tt of data centers, by usingcomprehensivee analytical new layer that complements existing data center management and monitoring tools, and produces a unique proactive layer over and above existing tools. In addition, the company Awarded GSA Schedule 70 – IT Services, which will allow Correlata Solutions to considerably expose its competitive reach and pursue opportunities across government agencies that purchase services through this schedule.
For the first time, CIOs can achieve their management and operations goals while effectively enforcing organizational infrastructure policies and reducing operational risks. The result is an unprecedented increase in the efficiency of operations and management and improved system availability and service delivery while at the same time reduces Opex and Capex.
Correlata is a visionary company that for the first time connects the operational side of the IT and his Data Center info directly to the business layer in a very simple language that make the info valuable to any level of decision maker, with a smart Key Business Indicator that makes sense from the data center floor to the boardroom.
Unlike existing tool using an endless number of key performance indicators flooding the manager with uneasy to understand and without direct alignments to the core business goals, Correlata’s goal is to help, control, understand and bring a real transparency for your IT and becoming a trusted adviser using their recommendation engine and pioneer business watch dog tool.
A unique and innovative solution focused on being the only solution currently capable perform a rapid, integrated and lateral analysis of inventory and performance data of hardware, software and infrastructure from all common IT system manufacturers. This unique “BI-based” ability allows system users to analyze data from different sources together, examine the correlation between them and derive managerial and technical insights from the results, insights that cannot be reached by analyzing each data category separately.
The solution’s technological and functional innovativeness lies in the use of BI and machine learning techniques and multi-dimensional analysis of data from different sources (data fusion). The technology creates a “social network”, acquainting software and equipment components and checking of the consistency and integrity of the actual connections at regular intervals (proactive). This “social network” allows very fast scanning (minutes rather than hours and days) of the examined facility.
Another unique characteristic of this solution is the high level of relianceonf the provided information. The solution samples, equipment and software, data directly and does not rely on data provided by the manufacturer’s support software which may provide partial or biased information.
“Receiving this patent only emphasizes and demonstrates the uniqueness and technological advantage of this solution in the field, and the customers can rest assured that at Correlata we will continue to invest in development and innovation, in order to make data center management and operation easier, more efficient and more productive, with an emphasis on saving resources from day one”, says Ofer Laksman, company CEO and co-founder.
Ofer Laksman adds: “It all began with the need to address challenges in data center management and operation at different levels. The IT world has become more complex and demanding in terms of technology and management, with unprecedented challenges in security, communications, virtualization and reductions in energy and cooling costs in the operations of computer units. Nowadays the CIO is expected to know how to turn technical ability into a business asset, how to turn tactical details into strategic moves and create a competitive value that will affect the bottom line dollar. “
The solution’s uniqueness is in that it connects to the IT systems using a “discovery” algorithm that crosses information from different sources, identifies infrastructure, hardware and software components as well as databases in the data center and performs an integrated analysis of different types of resources and their utilization. First and foremost, this is a decision making support tool for management levels.
The lateral analysis enables the identification of risks, inadequate resource utilization, bottlenecks, duplications, missing components and equipment that is not being utilized – things that existing “dedicated” software has a hard time achieving. For this purpose a site software and equipment “inventory list” is automatically created.
Correlata has powerful reporting and display capabilities that enable the different users (from the management level to the technical level) to get a view of the current situation as well as a display of trends over time in a clear and concise manner, so the user can know and predict how to work with the system.
Correlata gives answer to all your daily challenges with the following services:
- Bring a true Transparency for your infrastructure and operational MAZE with a holistic analytics engine while breaking the Silo-Effect Complexity (multi-platform & vendors).
- Cloud transition – Correlata offers an empirical tool that gives you for the first time the true size of your environment for a full migration or a subgroup of your business size for a partial or hybrid migration.
- Cost transparency / Charge back – Correlata brings the ability to charge your IT cost with their Charge back empirical mechanism showing each P&L its accurate consumption of IT infrastructure assets and not based on non-empirical way such as employee number or license number etc.
- Direct and Indirect savings via their efficiency model find and expose places and data center elements, consuming power and cooling without any business contribution that could easily reclaim or shut down (reduce electricity, cooling and floor space).
- Licensing Auditing –help and show the true needs for licenses, places where you can reduce and save cost. Help you in external vendor audit!
- Greener – Reduce Compute Footprint Reduce Power & Cooling, Reclaim Existing Elements and Global Warming.
- Watch Dog – Correlata becomes your best friend as it acts as a business watch dog – watching all the time, make sure that risk gets predicted in advance.
Examples of the insights created by the solution:
System availability and information saving risk management
- Daily risk management, identifying existing faults by displaying information about system availability misuse or non coverage.
- Location of differences between existing organizational information and backup and data duplication policy coverage – to avoid data retrieval failure.
- Daily risk management, identifying existing faults by displaying information about misuse or lack of coverage in the protection of organizational information.
Existing situation and organizational policies compatibility
- Mapping of gaps between the data protection systems situation and organizational policies and regulations for data saving.
- Mapping of gaps between the existing system availability situation and organizational policies and regulations for availability and business needs.
- Mapping of IT infrastructure component allotments according to business purposes and system criticalness.
Infrastructure allocation effectiveness and cost management
- Mapping of defined, connected and configured infrastructure resources that are not used by servers, databases and applications – for better use or reuse.
- The ability to plan future budgets based on a deep understanding of actual IT infrastructure use.
- Infrastructure charge back capabilities in relation to business units/ applicative layer.