Managed security services (MSS) are considered as a systematic approach to managing an organization’s security needs. Businesses partner with MSS providers to resolve the issues they regularly face, related to information security such as targeted malware, data theft, and resource constraints. An MSS provider performs continuous monitoring and management of security devices, including intrusion detection systems and firewalls, overseeing patch management and upgrades, performing security assessments and security audits, and responding to security incidents.
Cipher Security is one such MSS provider that delivers a wide-range of cutting-edge products and services. Founded in 2000, the company’s services are supported by one of the best-in-class security intelligence labs named CIPHER Intelligence. The company has spread its branches in North America, Europe, and Latin America with round-the-clock Security Operations Centers and R&D laboratories, complemented by strategic partners around the globe.
Cipher is a highly accredited Managed Security Service Provider holding many awards and recognitions including the Best MSSP award from Frost & Sullivan for the past five years. Its clientele consists of Fortune 500 companies, world-renowned enterprises, and government agencies with countless success stories. It provides organizations with proprietary technologies and specialized services to defend against advanced threats while managing risk and ensuring compliance with innovative solutions.
An All-Inclusive Threat Protection Service
Cipher offers a full array of cyber security solutions for SMBs and Enterprise Organizations. The umbrella services include Managed Security Services and Security Consulting Services. Under MSS, Cipher offers:
- Threat Monitoring & Cyber-Attack Defense: Cipher offers advanced monitoring, analysis and investigation of malicious code and callbacks to detect attempted and/or successful security breaches. The service is supported by CIPHER Intelligence, the company’s highly qualified and technology-driven R&D laboratory, and 24x7x365 Security Operations Centers to ensure best-in class defense, real-time incident response and operational optimization.
- SIEM & Log Management: The Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Log Management service collects, correlates, analyzes and stores security events from networks, hosts, and critical applications. A team of highly skilled, certified security experts working from integrated 5th generation Security Operations Centers use all this information, correlating it with the company’s database of intelligence feeds.
- Incident Response & Event Investigation: Cipher’s Incident Response and Investigation service offers unmatched experience in handling enterprise security incidents to prevent further harm to an organization, ranging from single-system compromises to enterprise-wide intrusions by advanced attack groups. Its Incident Response team can quickly assess the challenges its customers faces and recommend specific actions.
- Managed Security Assets & Asset Management: The Managed Security Assets service includes a plethora of security technologies with endless opportunities in managed services for organizations of all sizes. Assets are continuously protected with feeds from CIPHER Intelligence on emerging threats. An organization’s security team receives unmetered remediation assistance from Cipher’s certified security analysts.
- Threat Protection as a Service: Cipher leverages the BLOCKBIT technology offering organizations the latest solution in advanced threat protection as a service. The services include sophisticated security technologies and the latest threat intelligence providing detection and protection against zero-day and targeted attacks, including Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) and malicious callbacks.
- Vulnerability Management as a Service: Cipher offers its customers best-in class vulnerability and compliance management as a service. It provides accurate internal and external scans across your IT estate such as network assets, hosts, web applications and databases. The combination of people, process and technology lowers resource needs by automation through a structured distributed deployment, thus reducing costs from IT operations.
Under the Security Consulting Services
Practice, Cipher offers expertise in Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking, PCI DSS Assessment and Consulting, Risk and Compliance, GDPR Consulting, Forensic Analysis, and Vulnerability Assessments.
Surpassing the Definition of Quality Cipher has been in the security industry for over 18 years and the company employs more than 150+ security experts who provide excellence in security. Another key differentiator for CIPHER is the accreditations that company holds, including ISO 20000 and 27001, SOC I and SOC II, PCI QSA and ASV certification, as well as individual certifications in pen testing and ethical hacking. By combining threat intelligence with event correlation, Cipher’s superior managed security services helps eliminate blind spots and provides visibility to what really matters. In addition to this, it gives customers total visibility and transparency of the environment and activities through the CIPHER Client Portal, a single window into the customers’ entire security posture.
Journey towards Excellence
Cipher has already seen significant growth in its initial expansion. In 2010, the company expanded to global markets by establishing a U.S. Security Operations Center in Miami, Florida and operations in the United Kingdom.
An Epitome of Leadership
Ed Boucas, the Chairman and CEO of Cipher, has headed the company from its foundling period to becoming a multinational leader in the Cyber Security industry. Ed played a key role in launching the company’s offices across North America, Latin America and Europe, covering over 15 countries in the process. He has successfully led two rounds of multi-million-dollar Private Equity investments, the acquisition of an intelligence lab and a security product company.
Ed is a Production and Mechanical Engineer, an invited Professor for MBA courses, a former member of the ISO Committee for information security standards and a graduate of the Harvard Business School’s OPM program.
Sculpting a Secure Future
In the years ahead, Cipher is focused on bringing tailored security solutions to the market, including its new GDPR Managed Services. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will require expertise around people, process, and technology. As an MSSP, Cipher is well-positioned to serve customers globally in data protection, compliance, risk and governance.