The geographical footprint of companies in virtually every industry has grown exponentially over the past few decades. Not only do they cater to more clients in more countries but also manage networks of suppliers, subcontractors, manufacturing sites and inventory points spread over vast distances, both nationally and internationally.
Without proper management, the incredible complexity and unwieldiness of such a supply chain ecosystem is the perfect breeding ground for lost revenue, lost assets, and lost reputations.
Adexa’s technology enables you lower the operation cost, minimize inventory cost and ensure on-time delivery of goods.
Founded in 1994, Adexa has grown to become one of the world’s leading supply chain planning companies. Its S&OP and S&OE solutions are used by Fortune 2000 companies located across five continents.
One of Adexa’s strongest features is that it creates a unified environment which incorporates planning solutions from demand planning to inventory optimization and supply planning to factory planning and scheduling.
Adexa fortifies this system through the use of optimization algorithms, heuristics and Machine Learning techniques to deliver accurate real-time solutions across global networks.
The company is not content to let its status as a market leader detract from its continued commitment to adaptability and dexterity where the name is derived from. It is already fomenting revolutionary changes in the industry by introducing innovative technology like Attribute Based Planning (ABP) and Artificial Intelligence. Adexa’s Self-Improving Supply Chain© technology constantly assesses underlying changes in the demand and supply network and adapts itself to the environment.
Adexa’s comprehensive suite of solutions caters to supply chain essentials from top-level planning to execution, all in a unified environment. This unique approach offers exceptional advantages:
- Attribute-Based Planning (ABP) – Adexa’s proprietary technology that enables fast and flexible modeling of the supply chain and the ability to adapt to supply chain changes without any additional coding and consulting.
- Planning accuracy – the accuracy with which they can model a supply chain means that the resulting plans are executable and reliable.
- Low cost of ownership– When ABP technology is used, minimal resources are required to model the environment and make future changes as the business changes.
- Single-environment S&OP and S&OE – Virtually every other planning solution only uses S&OP technology based on spreadsheet-type plans, which require extensive manual intervention and, thus, are prone to errors. By contrast, Adexa’s highly-accurate plans are completely self-sustaining.
- Financial and operations planning combined – Financials and analytics are embedded in every Adexa planning module, giving end-users at every level their own dashboard to understand the financial consequences of every operational decision.
- Use of AI and Machine Learning technology – Supply chains evolve constantly and static models become increasingly inaccurate over time. Adexa’s Self- Improving Supply Chain© technology allows the system to constantly learn and adapt to its environment. Their technology reveals hidden trends which can be leveraged to constantly male good plans and deliver on-time at lower cost of operations.
- Risk management – AI technology can detect potential harmful trends before they affect the supply chain. For example, excess inventory, and impending shortages or weather conditions that may affect future deliveries.
Adexa was founded by Dr. K. Cyrus Hadavi in 1994. Dr. Hadavi is one of the world’s foremost experts on supply chain management and related fields. Under his leadership, Adexa has become one of the top supply chain companies in the world with a presence on five continents.
Dr. Hadavi’s experience has been instrumental for many Fortune 1000 companies, including Black & Decker, Solectron, Northrop-Grumman, Philips, Toshiba, GM, Boeing, Hanes and Seagate.
Cyrus is one of the pioneers of applying Artificial Intelligence to planning problems. At Siemens, he implemented the first-generation of his AI planning solutions at their facilities. This included semiconductor fabrication lines, regarded as the hardest planning and scheduling scenario.
As Adjunct Professor of Operations Management at Columbia University, Dr. Hadavi taught courses on the application of computer science and AI to manufacturing. He has performed joint research at Columbia University, the Wharton School of Management, Loyola University, Clemson University, and the Max Planck Institute in Germany.
Besides publishing numerous articles and books on supply chain management, manufacturing, and ecommerce, Dr. Hadavi is a popular speaker at business forums.
He holds a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering and a M.Sc. degree in Industrial Management from the University of Birmingham, UK. He also holds an M.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Southampton, UK, and a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Hadavi is on the ECE Advisory Council (ECEC) at Michigan University, a group committed to positive, transformational change across all industries. He is an also an Executive Board member of the Center for Global Supply Chain Management at the USC Marshal School of Business.
Innovative Solutions, Always
Developing a thriving business in a field which moves and evolves so rapidly is never easy. Adexa’s stature today is built on its ability to foresee & avoid potential drawbacks and to respond quickly & effectively when that is not possible.
One of the issues with which it has had to contend since the very first days is the difference in cultures between client companies. Because it deals with such diverse clientele, Adexa has to constantly shift and adapt so its approach fits perfectly in every situation.
Client education can also be an obstacle. Because change is never easy, C-level executives on the client’s side have to be convinced of the efficacy of Adexa’s solutions. Adexa has to effectively convey how its technology simplifies the role of everyone in the supply chain.
Finally, there is a great disparity in terms of functionality between legacy systems used by clients and the cutting-edge Adexa platform. They have to ensure that their sophisticated algorithms do not affect its user-friendliness and that the platform does not require extensive end-user training.
It is Adexa’s ability to consistently solve such problems that underscores its reputation as one of the best supply chain planning companies in the world.
The culture of innovation is as strong as ever. Adexa is currently in the process of combining animation technology with predictive analytics to produce notifications for critical information across all mobile devices.
With such cutting-edge technology in the works, Adexa is laying the foundation for continued excellence and market leadership.
Source :-The 10 Best Performing Supply Chain Solution Providers 2018