Do you know how much data is flowing in and out your company? The world produces data in amounts that cannot be digested by companies. Well, probably you can face the challenge of capturing the data but do you understand how to master it for company’s benefit? A lot of companies leave out tons of critical data just because they underestimate the resources that can help manage their big data, analyse it and even provide solutions based on it. Oracle Big Data solutions provide best practices to manage your data, starting from its storage and making sense of every piece of it, giving you deeper insights in information cloud around your company.
1. What is the value of big data management?
Though any IT leader is familiar with the overall concept of big data and benefits big data mastering brings home, some business users still overlook the reasons why it became so crucial. Let’s look at the trends that drive big data management in the business environment:
- Datafication – Companies become dependent on data, having a complex data infrastructure behind any of their business processes. Each action that seemed to be invisible earlier is now expressed as a data.
- Data overflow – The data gets so excessive that it cannot be handled without implementation of big data management systems. Simply said, we produce more data than can be processed.
- New kind of big data users – Today mastering big data is not just a matter of data scientists. Business users strive to make use of big data by themselves: search, extract, analyze, and have both automatic visualization and opportunity to create their own visualization to get specific insights that they can consequently share with others.
2. Challenges of mastering Big Data
- Complex data processing
“Experience shows than 80% of data mastering time and effort are spent on data preparation, while other 20 – on analysis and execution” says Jeffrey Hershberger, senior software architect at Elinext. Oracle solutions are tailored to do it faster by automating data preparation stage and focusing more on analytical initiatives.
- Data silos
When data is scattered across various units, it is often organized in data silos which isolates it from other data. For your business, this is not only the separation of data clusters but your own separation from effective decision-making. Oracle allows for manageable data exploration, loading it from Excel and csv-files, integrating it in one place with the robust capabilities for search and navigation.
- Poor data governance
All the notions may sound the same, however, you should distinguish data governance from data management. The latter refers to how data governance policies are being brought to life. The lack of data governance often leads to the loss of connection between big data and its value. Using Oracle Big Data Discovery, you can have the necessary data in a form of interactive catalog and have relevant data sets, user commentaries, and recommendations at your fingertips.
- Lack of clear business case
One of the biggest challenges with data analysis in Oracle, regardless scale, is that it also requires a specific approach to warehousing, cleansing, and transformation, which should be based on your use case. A set of clear policies about your data can change the context and help you on the way to the meaningful results.
3. Why Oracle?
Oracle solutions are fast, simple, scalable and easy to integrate. The Oracle big data solution choice allows you to decide on the level of cost and capability according to your business case and change it over time as long as your business needs scale. Oracle capabilities allow for a perfect big data offering in a Big Data Cloud Service and Big Data SQL Cloud Service where the platform is combined with the top Hadoop distribution. Let’s see how the Oracle architecture looks and how its components affect your data:
- Fast Data – Analyses data streams to find out the events that require action, then define the appropriate action according to the analysis made.
- Data Management – Works with the data reservoir in Hadoop using Data Warehouse in relational databases.
- Data Lab – Determines new data sets provisioning rapid data for further processing in data warehouses.
- Business Analytics – Analyses data from the Data Management layer extracting it both from Data Warehouse and Data Reservoir.
- Apps – Integrates data sources and processing with the help of APIs and prebuilt adapters.
It becomes obvious that Oracle Big Data solutions empower your organization to help you face the challenges of Big Data mastering with its business-driven data discovery “laboratory”. Bringing this lab to your company, you can focus on what’s really important and don’t lose information scattered across departments and data storages. What is more, having discovered this data, you can visualize it in digestible portions and get the value from advanced analytics delivering newly discovered data to other big data projects in Oracle.
This Article has been Contributed by Elinext